Electronic & Technical Arts Safety Protocols
The goal of these protocols is to reduce the risk of airborne virus transfer between members during in-studio classes and open studio hours. We not only want everyone to be safe, but also want you to feel that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that safety.
- Each Open Studio session is open to 5 participants only at this time to maintain distance protocols.
- No more than 6 people in the studio at one time (this includes one monitor).
- Please reserve your spot for open studios using BARN’s ETA calendar. Look for the words (in-studio). No drop-ins please.
- Everyone must wear a face mask at all times. This is required BARN-wide upon building entry.
- Maximum of 1 person per table.
- Maximum of 1 person in the back room.
- No food or drinks in the studio. You can’t eat or drink with a mask on!
- Observe 6 foot spacing between members at all times. (Tables are arranged to facilitate this. Please don’t move them.)
- Monitors have the option of reducing the duration of an open studio at their discretion.
- Please minimize your time in the studio. E.g., start a print job, check that the first layer was successful, and then exit.
Specific Safety Protocols
- Wash your hands BEFORE entering the studio. We’ll leave hand sanitizer outside of the studio for you.
- Wearing a face mask at all times is required.
- Observe 6 foot social distancing at all times.
- ETA no longer offers shared safety goggles. We recommend you bring in your own.
- All participants must sign-in upon entry to the studio. This will enable tracking of folks in attendance to support contact tracing.
If you have questions, please contact BARN’s ETA Studio Lead, Doug Salot.