Welcome to the Jewelry & Fine Metals Studio, a place to learn and share the joy of making jewelry and art using fine metals. The studio is well equipped and has a knowledgeable staff of teachers and studio monitors. Please come join us for classes for all ages and skill levels. As you gain experience, you can attend our open studios to work on your own projects. And if you have previous experience, you can attend one of our Jewelry Studio Skills Assessment classes to qualify you to participate in our Open Studios.
Jewelry Studio Equipment List
• 12 benches – each with flex shaft and dust extraction system
• Rolling mills
• Enameling & Metal Clay kilns
• Buffing units
• Belt sanders
• Hydraulic presses
• Shears, including step shear
• GRS Engraving block
• GRS Benchmate
• Hand tools – tons of them
• Library of over 120+ jewelers books
• Rental lockers are available
• Torches: acetylene, oxy/acet, Smith Little, EZ torch
• Casting Equipment: Burnout kiln, Vacuum table, Centrifugal casting machine
• Metalsmithing: 50+ stakes for forging & raising, 10 Pitch pots for chasing & repoussé
• Lapidary Equipment: 8” & 6” Cab King machines, 6″ Diamond Pacific machine, Trim saws, Circular grinder
Jewelry Open Studios
• Mondays – 5 to 8 pm
• Fridays – 10 am to 1 pm
• Open Studios are FREE for members, and $20 for non-members.
• BARN offers Open Studio time for members to work alone or in groups, overseen by experienced safety monitors.
• The Women’s Shelter Jewelry Program
• Join our Casting Club
• Become a Studio Monitor
• Join our Jewelry Steering Committee
• Teach Classes in the Jewelry Studio
Studio Lead: Joan Hammond
Contact the Jewelry Studio.
Phone: 206-842-4475, ext. 213
Jewelry Studio Safety Protocols