The Writers Studio offers classes, inspiration, and community for writers of all skill levels. Whether you are beginning a writing journey, mastering the craft of writing or learning the business in order to become a published author, the Writers Studio is here for you.
BARN is part of the Washington State Phase 3 reopening so we are waiting with everyone else to see how the timing unfolds. We will continue to offer online classes as long as necessary. Fobs will be activated as soon as BARN is open. Stay well and stay tuned!
We’re excited to bring back Word Sprint (a timed writing session) in October. It takes place on Zoom from 9:30 to 11:30 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
When BARN reopens, members can schedule an orientation to have access to the Writers Studio. You can send an email to set up a time for the orientation.
Completing the orientation will allow you to use the room for your own writing whenever a class, event, or meeting is not scheduled. Come by or consult the Calendar for open times.
We welcome your participation and value your ideas and suggestions.
Upcoming Classes and Events
(Click on a title for more information or to register)
- Online Salon with Martha Salinas
- Demystifying Plot: Raising the Stakes and Getting Unstuck with Michele Bacon
- Pitch Your Book So That Publishers Pay Attention: Mastering the Hook, the Synopsis, and the Verbal Pitch with Beth Jusino
- Writing Your College Admission Essay: How to Make it Unique with Lynn Brunelle and Maureen McQuerry
- Beginning, Middle, End: Structuring Your Novel with Susan Wiggs
- Truth Matters: Finding the Courage to Write Your Story with Laura Bowers Foreman and Ann Holmes Redding
Sallie Maron: writers.lead@BainbridgeBARN.org
Please CLICK to subscribe to our periodic newsletters.