The Writers’ Studio offers classes, inspiration, and community for writers of all skill levels. Whether you are beginning a writing journey, mastering the craft of writing or learning the business in order to become a published author, the Writers’ Studio is here for you.
If you are a BARN member, our new online journal Context is now accepting submissions for the summer edition. It’s a wonderful opportunity to showcase your work–whether it is your writing or sharing the story behind your art work. There are several other categories from which to choose. Among them are creative prompts. You can find the submission form here.
Our first annual Ars Poetica at BARN show was a colorful collaboration with the Fiber Arts Studio. You can also see a digital copy of the poems and art work at this link: Ars Poetica Exhibit 2020
When BARN reopens, members can schedule an orientation to have access to the Writers Studio. You can send an email to set up a time for the orientation. Completing the orientation will allow you to use the room for your own writing whenever a class, event, or meeting is not scheduled.
We welcome your participation and value your ideas and suggestions!
Upcoming Classes and Events
(Click on a title for more information or to register)
- Third Thursday: A Conversation with Author Tamara Sellman (6/17)
- Creating Memorable Characters with Megan Chance (6/24)
- Haiku Targets for All Poets with Michael Dylan Welch (6/30)
- The Short Story with Warren Read (7/8-7/29)
- Summer Youth: Creating Comics with Billy Simms (7/19-7/22)
- The Stakes Must Be Death: Fueling the Emotional Core of Your Story with Maureen McQuerry (9/18)
- Pitch Your Book So That Publishers Pay Attention with Beth Jusino (9/25)
Mary Sloat: writers.lead@BainbridgeBARN.org
Please CLICK to subscribe to our periodic newsletters.