BARN’s Vision, Mission and Values
BARN envisions a world where people recognize and value their own creativity and their capacity to contribute to their communities.
To grow and inspire a creative community through craft, learning and service.
To accomplish that mission, BARN
- Maintains a well-equipped facility with a variety of craft studios.
- Offers access to all the studios for members as well as the public.
- Offers classes and events that increase the ability of participants to learn and expand their skills.
- Supports other non-profit organizations through its community service work using our core competencies.
The core values that guide BARN’s mission and actions are:
- Inclusivity – It is essential for the BARN community to provide a safe and welcoming space for all.
- Craft – Hands-on creativity and innovation bring joy, serve needs, and inspire action.
- Volunteerism and Service – BARN participants apply their skills to solve problems, share knowledge, and support BARN and the community at large.
- Stewardship – Honesty and care form the basis of relationships and activities at BARN.