Spring Sampler – A Free BARN Open House
On Sunday, April 30, come take a self-guided tour of all 10 BARN studios. Meet artisans in action with live demonstrations and see how BARN inspires community through craft.
Reserve Your Spot!
To give you lots of room to explore, entry is limited, so don’t wait to register! Please make sure to enter the number of people that will be in your party when you register. The box to enter that number will be on the left-hand side at the bottom of your registration form.
Here’s just a sample of Sampler activities!
- Electronic & Technical Arts: Robot combat!
- Fiber Arts: Learn about our looms and see what our machines, including the Solaris 2 embroidery machine, can do
- Glass Arts: See demonstrations of techniques including lampworking, fused glass, and more
- Kitchen Arts: Stop by for some delicious pasta!
- Metal Fabrication: Tour the Machine Shop and see example projects
- Woodworking: See demonstrations of wood tools, turning, and carving, plus learn more about the studio
Location & Getting There
BARN is located on Bainbridge Island, Washington, just a 35 minute ferry ride from Seattle. Located 1.8 miles north of the ferry terminal, BARN is accessible by foot, bus, bicycle or car. Free parking is available onsite.
8890 Three Tree Lane NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Interested in helping out? Spring Sampler has many volunteer opportunities, including:
- Check-in Table Greeter
- Food Table Help
- Event Parking Support
All of these are open to teens! Contact Kate Henderson, Membership & Volunteer Coordinator, for more information or to sign up.
BARN envisions a world where people recognize and value their own creativity and their capacity to contribute to their communities. Our mission is to grow and inspire a creative community through craft, learning and service.