BARN’s safety protocols are updated as needed to reflect current guidance from the CDC* and Washington State**. Dr. Gib Morrow, health officer for the Kitsap Public Health District, has issued a masking directive that everyone age 5 and older in Kitsap County should wear a face covering within indoor public spaces, regardless of vaccination status.
For members and all other individuals visiting BARN (Recent changes are in bold type):
- Everyone entering the building and all in-person class participants must be fully vaccinated. Beginning February 1, “fully vaccinated” will include a booster for those who are 6 months or more past their initial vaccination date.
- People with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days. After that, if they are asymptomatic, without fever for 24 hours, and a rapid test comes out negative, they can return to BARN, fully masked and taking normal precautions.
- We trust our members and visitors to help safeguard our community by taking the following actions: Every person entering the BARN facility will certify that they are vaccinated by initialing the sign-in form at the entry table. Class registrants will also be asked to confirm their vaccination status online.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Masks are required for everyone when indoors even though you are fully vaccinated. If you need a mask, you will find masks available as you enter BARN’s first set of doors.
- If a studio requires a specific craft-related task that necessitates removing a mask briefly, the member/registrant may remove mask for up to 10 minutes at a time while remaining safely distanced (6 or more feet) from others.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Entrance to BARN will continue to be through the upstairs front doors, and everyone should continue signing in at the front desk each day when they arrive.
- When a person enters for the first time since the pandemic began, that person should complete BOTH SIDES of the waiver form available at the sign-in table.
- Please continue to give others reasonable space, wash hands frequently, and respect others’ requests for safe distances.
- BARN will continue to keep windows open and fans operating in common spaces.
- BARN staff will clean common surfaces (handrails, door handles, kitchen counter) at least once a day during normal business hours (9-4, daily)
Please address questions or concerns about safety at BARN to Executive Director Denise Dumouchel at [email protected].